LIVING EDUCATION

"What is grander than gold?" inquired the King. "Light," replied the Snake. "What is more refreshing than light?" said he. "Conversation" answered she. The Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily Goethe

Friday, June 16, 2006

MYSPACE ON INSPIRATION

Here is a Powerpoint outlining the struggles Stanford University is having coming to grips with "digital natives"
The younger generation has always created their own code of communication and found their own spaces away from the adults to be able to live out their emotions and feelings. We "oldies" don't belong in their secret world. I don't want to go there. Yes, I did have a peep into "my place" (as I call it) and felt: "Leave them alone. I, for one, don't need to know. As long as they don't get caught and depressed in cyber space, they will come out one day. Plato's Cave or the movie "The Matrix" comes to mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home